TL;DR – This is about Singaporeans showing love for CPF as an effective retirement instrument by sharing a post and making it viral.
There’s a CPF post going around in the past couple of days and as I’m writing this, the post is at over 900 shares. It will probably cross the 1000-share mark by the time I finish this.
This comment summed up what at least 16 people felt after reading the post,
It’s penned by some anonymous chap (or maybe chaps, or HEY! maybe they’re girls!) behind a Facebook page named Gooderfeed. Yes, I was initially wondering if they’re trying to spoof Goodyfeed, but I had a quick look at the contents, nah, I don’t think so.
So back to this CPF post. Some of the comments are gold, so you should go read.
But amongst the comments, there was this. So I’m not the only one who thought of the legendary Rockson Tan when I read the Gooderfeed post, hehe!
Someone else even suggested it’s our dear Minister for Trade and Industry Chan Chun Sing! Now we already know he’s extremely fluent in the Singaporean style of English, hurhur!
Another name was also thrown into the ring.
I doubt we will find out who’s really behind the page, but hehe, I don’t think it’s a minister lah, LOL!
Anyway, what’s interesting about the Facebook page is not just how the chap/chaps/girls rant, but also the way Gooderfeed bothers to reply most of the comments. Most the replies are cheeky and funny, like this.
But there’s also the occasional serious one, like this.
So what was the CPF post about? Here are the 1o main points if you’re in a hurry.
- Remember how when we were earning $1,500 and we could survive alright, but we also told ourselves we’d save up the extra $1,500 when we start making $3,000? Yeps, never happened when we started making $3,000.
- Yeps, earn more, spend more. We go on holidays, buy branded goods, eat and drink to unwind and chill, and yes, to flex to people who don’t matter #Instagramlife #Instagramiscancer
- So how do we trust that these same people will be able to manage their money if they get ’em payout all at once?
- Gooderfeed was quick to also say, “Not all Singaporeans are like that. Good. Then don’t get offended. Move on.”
- “The truth is ah, I’ve never heard rich man complaining about CPF. If you smart enough to see it, you will know that CPF interest rate is a lot better and is the safest. It is the best thing because it helps you with your retirement.” #WORD
- Gooderfeed also questioned the consequences of what if these same people mismanaged and squandered the CPF payout if payout’s all at one go? Is the Government expected to take care of retirees who have spent all their CPF and are down and out?
- Gooderfeed reminded people that CPF can already be used for the important things in life, like medical feels, property purchase, education.
- This part is one of the best: “You say gahment nanny state and control your money, it is simply because you all dunno how to take care of your fucking self isnt it? But you all also double standard like a typical child what. Selectively wants freedom, when things goes wrong like covid-19 now you all simply expect gahment to do everything for you all?”
- Start using our time wisely now to earn more money, instead of just dreaming about the CPF money
- Start reading up about CPF and learn to optimise it to our benefit and not just say CPF is bad because your friends say so.
Here’s the post in full, in case you cannot see it on Facebook.
I know CPF is your money
I know you work very hard to earn your money
I know you feel that it is injusticed that you cannot use your money
I know you feel that it is better to have money in your hand because you need to use
I know you all feel that CPF is a scam
I know you all feel that gahment is locking up your money
I know you feel that you all are smart enough to manage your own money
I also know that you all fucking lying and please fucking stop it.
Imagine all the money you take in your hand you sure you will save?
I have seen so many people with all the money they have plus credit card all can use until finish, empty, and get into debt issues.
You remember those days when you earn $1,500 and you surive without problem? Then you say to yourself wah, if I earn $3000 means I can save $1500.
Remember those days you finally earned $3000 but still no savings and you say if you earn $4000 you will save that $1000 but you eventually earning $4000 but still no savings?
This is the truth. The more you earn, the more you gian and lampa itchy go spend more. Go holiday, go buy your fucking givenchai and go siam diu and flex to people that doesnt matter.
The problem with you all is that once you got money you will spend. So how to trust you with all the money?
I know you all sure say lanjiao things like I just judging and generalizing. Not all Singaporeans are like that. Good. Then don’t get offended. Move on.
The truth is ah, I’ve never heard rich man complaining about CPF. If you smart enough to see it, you will know that CPF interest rate is a lot better and is the safest. It is the best thing because it helps you with your retirement.
Only people because lazy or never earn enough will kbkp about that money every month and say those money belongs to you. Actually instead of wasting energy kbkp why not just go earn more money? Use your energy at the correct place.
If you cannot even manage your current money now, how gahment can trust you to manage your retirement?
Then in the end anything happen and you no money you blame gahment again? You expect gahment to pay for your retirement? You know money have to come somewhere right? So you want your son and grand son to keep paying more n more money? You want your son to suffer?
Priest lah, don’t lie to yourself.
You say if you have those money you can make investment, what if you lose everything? Truth is cpf also got selected ways that we can allow to invest. Didnt know right? Never read right?
You say if you have those money you can use it on important stuff. Gahment also allow people to use for medical, buy house, pay for school fees. What else more important than such things? Take money let you go siam diu or go buy car? fuck you understand?
You say these money you can use to start business. The story is if you need cpf in order to start business, i think it is better you dont start a business. You heard of a good business that nobody wants to invest? You dont always need you own money to start business you know right? You see lanjiao companies like Grab who treats their staff like shit and tia gong never earn money but still can keep getting funded what. Why you need CPF?
You say you dont care what I say. CPF is your money so you have the rights to use it the way you want it. Means if you are a parent or a good friend, you ready to see your friend walk a path to death and still allow? So gahment trying to help also their fault?
You say gahment nanny state and control your money, it is simply because you all dunno how to take care of your fucking self isnt it? But you all also double standard like a typical child what. Selectively wants freedom, when things goes wrong like covid-19 now you all simply expect gahment to do everything for you all?
You should just do anything you can now to earn more money instead of looking at your cpf
You should just really go read up more about CPF and what you can really use it to your benefit instead of being salty just because your friend told u it is bad
You should just shut the FUCK UP or baby I will hit you one more time.
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who loved that last Britney line!
(Featured image via)