TL;DR – The list will be updated as more products are gathered and assessed.
This list of products includes disinfectant/cleaning products that can be used to disinfect areas that are very likely to be contaminated with nCoV. NEA also noted that for general precautionary cleaning, detergent and water are adequate.
The agency added that the product list is based on currently available data and active ingredients known to be effective against coronaviruses.
In addition to the use of cleaning agents, other treatments effective against coronavirus include steam and heat treatment.
NEA also included a few important points to note before using these products:
- Check the labels and use according to instruction and be aware of the potential hazard of each product.
- For disinfection of highly contaminated surfaces or material, avoid the use of spray, and allow appropriate time needed for disinfection (refer to product instruction).
- This product list should be read in conjunction with the Guidelines and Advisories issued by NEA with instruction and guidelines on how to conduct proper cleaning and disinfection of premises.
Here is the list of household disinfectants/cleaning products effective against coronaviruses:
Simple Green Clean Finish
Clorox Disinfectant Wipes
Clorox Scentiva Disinfectant (Various Scents)
Dettol Anti-bacterial Surface Cleanser Trigger Spray
Dettol Healthy Clean Kitchen
Dettol Healthy Clean Bathroom
Mr Muscle 5 in 1 Multi-Purpose Cleaner (Various Scents)
Dettol Laundry Sanitiser
Walch Laundry Sanitiser
Walch Antiseptic Germicide
Dettol Antiseptic Germicide
Dettol Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid
Kao Bleach Liquid
Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner + Bleach
Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach
Essential Waitrose Thick Original Bleach
Giant All Purpose Household Bleach
Here’s a list of active ingredients and their working concentrations that are effective against coronaviruses:
- Sodium hypochlorite (0.1 – 0.5%)
- 70% ethyl alcohol
- Povidone-iodine (1% iodine)
- Chloroxylenol (0.24%)
- 50% isopropanol
- 05% benzalkonium chloride (Quaternary Ammonium Compound)
- 50ppm iodine in iodophor
- 23% sodium chlorite
- 1% cresol soap (sodium alkyl-ben-zene sulfonate)
- Hydrogen peroxide (0.5-7.0%)
The above two lists will be updated as data from more products are gathered, and as more products are assessed to be appropriate.
On a separate note but still on the 2019-nCoV (Wuhan virus), some people appear to be still confused between Quarantine Order and Leave of Absence (LOA), here’s a infographic by MOH:
Meanwhile, the authorities have advised the following:
- Maintain good personal hygiene and exercise social responsibility
- Stay at home if you are sick, avoid social gatherings
- Wear a mask only if you are sick, and don’t wear one if you are well
- Wash your hands regularly and properly using soap and water
- Observe Leave of Absence (LOA) if you’ve recently travelled to China