TL;DR – Bangkok’s hippest pasar malam is back!
Singapore’s largest pop-up creative market, Artbox Singapore, is back for its second edition, bigger and better than before. This year’s theme is // Oasis // , representing an annual urban escape from cityscape into a sanctuary of experiential imagination. It will be held across two weekends from 25th to 27thMay 2018 and 1st to 3rd June 2018, located at the same space as last year, the Bayfront Event Space, next to Marina Bay Sands.
If your memory serves you well, Artbox was the event that created so much hype that almost everyone went down despite knowing that it was really crowded. Strangely, most of these Singaporeans probably already visit Bangkok and the original Artbox at least 4 times a year but they still head down anyway. Probably for their favourite Thai snacks.
Since last year’s crazy crowds, we are guessing the organisers have since learnt their lesson cause Artbox Singapore 2018 will spread across the entire Bayfront Event Space of over 140,000 square feet, nearly three times bigger than last year’s event. It is expected to cater to an estimated 700,000 visitors this year with more than 400 regional and local creative retailers and partners.
Some of the highlights include:
- Massive entrance archway and media viewing deck constructed from Artbox’s iconic 20-foot shipping containers
- Over 20 (mix of 20-foot and 40-foot) shipping containers to be re-purposed for event usage including an exclusive Artbox Singapore merchandise shop
- Quintessential Artbox elements such as stunning fairy lights spanning across 6 km, with an official light up on 25 May, 7 pm
- More than 400 booths of beauty, fashion, food and art from regional vendors and partners including new vendors Thai designers Porky Studio, Moonset and Nokkajib, as well as Singaporean brands such as Cereal Citizen.
- Creative art installations crafted on Artbox’s unique shipping containers
There are a list of upgrades the organisers have planned for us:
- 140,000 sq feet instead of 2017’s 50,000 sq feet
- 400 vendors instead of 2017’s 300
- 400 booths in total instead of 2017’s 320
- More than 20 shipping containers instead of 2017’s 10
- 6km fair lights installation instead of 2017’s 3km
See you there!