TL;DR – Mondays should be banned.
Nobody likes Monday. Everybody knows that. We all hate Mondays because the first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.
Take a look at these signs of Monday; I’m sure you will be able to relate to some of them.
- Your alarm clock wakes you up in the morning, but you feel like you’ve barely slept at all last night.
- You curse under your breath as you pry yourself out of bed.
- You get dressed for work but feel like you need to change into something else.
- You can’t find your keys.
- You can’t wait to get home, and you haven’t even left for work yet.
- Your train is arriving in one minute, but you have insufficient value in your EZ-link card.
- You want to kill everyone on your morning commute.
- Someone got your coffee order wrong.
- You hate everyone who tries to talk to you before you drink that coffee.
- You take a long time to settle yourself down and put off real work as long as possible.
- Your lunch date got cancelled.
- You’re convinced that you need to get your EVM upsized at McDonald’s to feel better.
- Food comas are real.
- You space out every three-and-a-half minutes.
- You re-read the same email six times before you absorb any information.
- You scroll through your social media feed and get annoyed when you see photos of other people’s vacations on your feed.
- You need another cup of coffee.
- You make excuses to be away from your desk.
- Every minute seems to take longer than usual today and you’re quite sure all the clocks must be broken.
- Against all odds, the workday ends. You don’t really feel relieved to know that you have to survive another four days before the weekend comes again.