TL;DR – Everything you need to know, summarised for you daily at 5pm.
1) Bank Robbery in Singapore![media-credit name=”straitstimes.com” link=”http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/police-officers-seen-outside-standard-chartered-bank-in-holland-village-area#xtor=CS1-10″ align=”aligncenter” width=”780″][/media-credit]
I had to punctuate the headline with an exclamation mark because this is as exciting as it gets in Singapore – even though no weapons were used and no one was injured. The robbery happened at Standard Chartered’s Holland Village branch at 11:25 am.
2) Elderly man dies after bus hits him outside Toa Payoh interchange[media-credit name=”Kaede Tseng via Facebook” align=”aligncenter” width=”560″][/media-credit]
The 36-year-old bus driver has been arrested in relation to the case.
3) Dolphin carcass washed up on East Coast beach[media-credit name=”straitstimes.com” link=”http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/carcass-of-dolphin-washes-up-on-east-coast-park-beach” align=”aligncenter” width=”780″][/media-credit]
What appears to be the carcass of a dolphin washed up on a beach at East Coast Park on Sunday afternoon. (More)
4) Tsukiji Market comes to Singapore[media-credit name=”straitstimes.com” link=”http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/food/16-japanese-food-shops-in-one-hall” align=”aligncenter” width=”682″][/media-credit]
Well, sort of. SUSHI TAKEWAKA, a 28-year-old sushi restaurant from the famous Tsukiji market in Tokyo, has arrived in Singapore along with 15 other Japanese food shops at the new Japan Food Town in Wisma Atria. Itadakimasu!
5) 18 people die from fatigue and accidents in a 35-hour traffic jam in Indonesia[media-credit name=”@babammulia on Twitter” align=”aligncenter” width=”940″][/media-credit]
This happened from Jakarta to Tegal as commuters tried to head back to their hometowns to celebrate Eid, which marks the end of Ramadan.