(TL;DR) 5 points for you to look smart in front of your friends.
1) Who is Darryl David?
• Deputy Director of the School of Design at Temasek Polytechnic (TP)
• District Councilor with the North-East Community Development Council.
• MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC
• Married with two children, aged eight and five
2) What makes him tick?
Strong integration between Singaporeans and new citizens
3) So how does he think we can better strengthen the ties between Singaporeans and new citizens?
I believe that we need to attract the best talent from around the world and bring in new knowledge and skill sets that are not available locally. However, I would urge the Government to consider introducing language and other assimilation requirements for PRs before they are granted Singapore citizenship.
These measures would undoubtedly help new citizens assimilate and integrate better into our social and community fabric, and that in turn would allow them to better contribute to Singapore’s growth and development.
4) What did he wear for Parliament?
9.5/10 – Not just boring black and white, his suit was in a trendy midnight blue and his shirt had stripes –wow!
(BONUS!) Bet you didn’t know this about him:
He can speak Hokkien! Pretty fluent at that too. (Video)
Join Darryl David on Facebook here!