TL;DR – One day I’ll fly away.
The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) has put up an advisory stating the “Do’s and Don’ts” about how you can fly that drone that you’d received as a Christmas present.
Here are some things you need to know:
- Your device needs to weighs less than 7kg in total
- You are advised to keep your drone in sight all the time
- Do not fly your device over crowds, higher than 200 feet, or over restricted areas.
- A permit is needed when your drone weighs above 7kg, flies above a height of 60m or over restricted and dangerous zones, including within 5km of an airport or an airbase.
- Did you also know? Drone permits are also necessary for all activities that are not for the purposes of recreation or research? Permits are also required for commercial activities with no direct commercial gains e.g. A company’s marketing department using a drone to take event photographs for publicity.
More info here.