TL;DR – Marry me already, Jen.
Facebook user James Lloyd posted this screenshot of a technical glitch from popular flight and hotel metasearch engine Skyscanner which showed a 47 years (or 413786-hour) layover to their Facebook page with the question,
“Hi Skyscanner. Just wondering what you’d recommend I do during the 47 year layover your website has suggested?”
Jen from Skyscanner gave such an impressive reply it has since been liked by 1,934 users and the post shared over 300 times.
Here the’s brilliant response in its entirety:
Unless you’re a huge fan of The Terminal, I’d probably recommend spending those years outside of the airport, so here are a few suggestions:
• Just missed Songkran but you’ve got another 46 years to enjoy it.
• How do you feel about heights? The Moon Bar is pretty good and it’s open until 1am so you could spend a good chunk of time there.
• A cruise on the Chao Phraya river could keep you busy for a while.
• If you get peckish there’s a floating market. Not only good for grub, but you could make a few mates whilst you’re there. Win/win.
• Become a Tai Chi expert in Lumpini Park.
(p.s. thanks for letting me know about this – I’ll get some folk to look into it!)