TL;DR – Everything you need to know, summarised for you at 5pm daily.
1) Stunning Old Photos Of Singapore You May Not Have Seen Before
Much nostalgia. (More)
2) Pakistani model Qandeel Baloch killed by brother in the name of honour
[media-credit name=”Buzzfeed” link=”https://www.buzzfeed.com/andreborges/qandeel-balochs-brother-drugged-and-strangled-her-because-gi?utm_term=.nnJLyB27n#.xgmlbxOk1″ align=”aligncenter” width=”625″][/media-credit]
She was drugged and strangled by her brother Waseem Azeem, at their home because “Girls are born only to stay at home and to bring honour to the family by following family traditions.”
3) CTE road rage terrors flee after they spot in-car cam
[media-credit name=”tnp.sg” link=”http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/cte-road-rage-terrors-flee-after-they-spot-dash-cam” align=”aligncenter” width=”970″][/media-credit]
Good that almost everyone has these cameras these days.
4) Chow Yun-fat spotted in queue to buy tickets to see his own movie
[media-credit name=”shanghaiist” link=”http://shanghaiist.com/2016/07/17/chow_yun_fat_movie_tickets.php” align=”aligncenter” width=”640″][/media-credit]
He was spotted queuing up with his wife to buy tickets for the newly-released Hong Kong-Chinese crime thriller Cold War 2.
5) UBS, DBS, Falcon face scrutiny over 1MDB transactions
The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) is scrutinising several banks, including UBS and DBS Group Holdings, to see if they broke anti-money laundering rules in handling transactions linked to scandal-hit Malaysian state fund 1MDB.