TL;DR – Everything you need to know, summarised for you daily at 5pm.
1) First case of female-to-male sexual transmission of Zika[media-credit name=”Source” link=”http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/content/images/articles/305/305163/mosquito-on-the-skin.jpg” align=”aligncenter” width=”700″][/media-credit]
A woman might have passed the Zika virus to her male partner during sex in New York.
2) Lunchtime naps now possible at GV Gold Class[media-credit name=”straitstimes.com” link=”http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/open-now-at-a-cinema-near-you-lunchtime-naps” align=”aligncenter” width=”780″][/media-credit]
For $12 at GV Suntec, you can get a 90-minute nap on their Gold Class seats, a meal from the Gold Class menu and a sleep mask, along with discount vouchers. The promotion is available only on weekdays and movies will not be screened.
3) 8 places in Indonesia to escape the heat[media-credit name=”tripcanvas” link=”https://indonesia.tripcanvas.co/cold-places-in-indonesia/” align=”aligncenter” width=”740″][/media-credit]
These places will save you that air ticket to Europe.
4) Homegrown singer Nathan Hartono shines in Sing! China[media-credit name=”straitstimes.com” link=”http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/jazz-singer-nathan-hartono-shines-in-the-voice#xtor=CS1-10″ align=”aligncenter” width=”780″][/media-credit]
In his debut performance in China, homegrown singer Nathan Hartono impressed judges Jay Chou, Harlem Yu, Na Ying and Wang Feng on Sing! China.
5) Singapore supplying additional potable water to Johor[media-credit name=”straitstimes.com” link=”http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-supplying-additional-potable-water-to-johor-after-urgent-request-pub#xtor=CS1-10″ align=”aligncenter” width=”780″][/media-credit]
This is after Johor’s water regulatory body made an an urgent request for an additional supply of 6 million gallons of treated water per day for the next three days.