TL;DR – Everything you need to know, summarised for you daily at 5pm.
1) Pearl and Ruby Tan’s estate open to claims[media-credit name=”straitstimes.com” link=”http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/estate-of-reclusive-sisters-now-open-to-claims?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&link_time=1468121616#xtor=CS1-10″ align=”aligncenter” width=”780″][/media-credit]
Remember the terrace house at 17 Jalan Batai where two skeletons were discovered? The house and other assets belonging to the reclusive Tan sisters are now open to claims.
2) More Singaporeans now heading to the UK[media-credit name=”Source” link=”http://bonvoyagelauren.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Screen-Shot-2015-06-15-at-2.59.54-PM.jpg” align=”aligncenter” width=”855″][/media-credit]
With the weakening pound following the Brexit vote, more Singaporeans are now heading to the UK. And it’s not just London, Singaporeans are also choosing to go to less explored cities in England as well as Scotland.
3) Two-year-old with rare heart condition dies
Wong ZiQin was born with a rare heart condition and was in need of a child heart transplant. She passed away yesterday after fighting for her life in hospital for two weeks as her family made the painful decision to take her off life support before her blood toxicity rose and condition deteriorated further.
4) The Real Graduate Shoot[media-credit id=10209092285120959 link=”https://web.facebook.com/photo.php?fb&set=a.10209092283320914.1073741830.1133638092&type=3″ align=”aligncenter” width=”960″][/media-credit]
Fresh graduate Elizabeth Boon uploaded on Facebook a series of #HireMeLeh photos that illustrate how “graduating really just means unemployment and impending bankruptcy.”
5) Some Singaporeans now planning their own funeral
Some Singaporeans are now deciding how they want their own wakes and funerals to be conducted when they pass away, instead of leaving it in the hands of their family members.