The Navy sails into VivoCity!

TL;DR – Aye aye, Captain!

The [email protected] event is back at VivoCity this weekend from 23 to 26 June 2016.

[media-credit name=”Flora” link=”http://floraisabelle.com” align=”aligncenter” width=”900″]_DSC9662-2[/media-credit]

Themed “Maritime Force for a Maritime Nation”, visitors will be treated to exhibits that showcase the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN)’s fighting technologies and capabilities, get up close and personal with the navy’s weapons and equipment, as well as have opportunities to interact with the men and women from the RSN.

[media-credit name=”Smithankyou” link=”http://smithankyou.com” align=”aligncenter” width=”900″]_DSC9680-2[/media-credit]

Shore exhibits at the shopping centre include various hands-on activities for adults and children alike, such as a 3D mock-up of a submarine that you can see and feel what it is like to live on board the submarine. You can also experience firing a naval ship’s gun at the Littoral Mission Vessel (LMV) simulator. Weapons and equipment used by the RSN’s Naval Diving Unit will be on display, and there will be photo opportunities with the naval divers and members of the Accompanying Sea Security Team.

[media-credit name=”Flora” link=”http://floraisabelle.com” align=”aligncenter” width=”900″]_DSC9718-3Final[/media-credit]

Singaporeans can also get up close and personal with a RSN warship – the formidable-class stealth frigate RSS Tenacious – together with a Sikorsky S-70B naval helicopter – docked at VivoCity.

[media-credit name=”Flora” link=”http://floraisabelle.com” align=”aligncenter” width=”900″]_DSC9877-10[/media-credit]

[media-credit name=”Flora” link=”http://floraisabelle.com” align=”aligncenter” width=”900″]_DSC9884-11[/media-credit]

The 3,200-ton RSS Tenacious was one of the navy warships which took part in counter-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden in 2014, as well as multilateral naval exercises in Australia. Visitors will get to tour the ship’s flight deck, missile deck, bridge, galley, and living quarters.

Online balloting for tickets has closed, but there will be opportunities for on-site balloting at VivoCity for members of the public to board the ship.

So go on down and try your luck!

[media-credit name=”Flora” link=”http://floraisabelle.com” align=”aligncenter” width=”900″]_DSC9777-2[/media-credit]

You will also get to observe the conduct of the navy’s ceremonial sunset, a long-standing naval tradition, at 7pm daily.

[media-credit name=”Flora” link=”http://floraisabelle.com” align=”aligncenter” width=”900″]_DSC9837-3[/media-credit]

Trust us when we tell you it’s gonna be a sunset like no other.

[media-credit name=”Flora” link=”http://floraisabelle.com” align=”aligncenter” width=”900″]_DSC9859-5[/media-credit]

TL;DR

What: [email protected]
Where: VivoCity
When: Today till Sunday, 26 June 2016
Time: Shore exhibition in the mall 10am to 10pm, Ship visits 9am to 9pm



Author: Flora Lim

Instagram addict, military wife and chocoholic down with a serious case of wanderlust, Flora spends 97% of her time building her business and the other 3% on her blog floraisabelle.com


Leave a Reply

SUBSCRIBE

Let us email you when new posts are up!