TL;DR – Everything you need to know, summarised for you daily at 5pm.
1. Hit-and-run Toyota Camry driver arrested[media-credit name=”Straits Times” align=”aligncenter” width=”820″][/media-credit]
Police confirmed yesterday that the driver of the Camry, a 63-year-old man had been arrested for committing a rash act causing hurt.
The driver was filmed knocking down a motorcycle on the AYE before speeding away.
2. Girl who shoplifted from Platinum mall apologises[media-credit name=”The New Paper” align=”aligncenter” width=”641″][/media-credit]
“It was so stupid of us to do what we did…We are sorry for letting you down…” Says one of the two girls who were caught shoplifting in Bangkok and fooled around and smiled for their mugshots.
3. Guy trolls Chinese scammer big time[media-credit name=”Facebook” align=”aligncenter” width=”639″][/media-credit]
So a man by the name of Aaron got a SMS from someone who claimed to be from Bank of China.
But Aaron outsmarts the scammer by given rather funny details as requested by the latter.
4. Indian PM Modi does yoga too[media-credit name=”Channel News Asia” align=”aligncenter” width=”819″][/media-credit]
India celebrated the second International Yoga Day on Jun 21 and thousands of Yoga enthusiasts including Prime Minister Narendra Modi took part in a mass class in Northern India.
5. Ah Meng gets a new hangout place[media-credit name=”Channelnewsasia.com” align=”aligncenter” width=”828″][/media-credit]
The Singapore Zoo has a new free-ranging area to complement what the Wildlife Reserves Singapore calls the “Ah Meng-zing experience”. The area is a new hangout for the Orangutans, which are considered the zoo’s flagship species.